Sailing at BBYC
BBYC offers sailing for all ages and skill levels from how to learn to sail, to "fun" sailing sailing activities, to participating in weekly racing series, to participating in local and national regattas. Everyone can enjoy their time on the water or on land meeting new friends and joining life-long friends in their love for sailing.
Check out the sailing calendar for event times.
BBYC “FUN” Sailing Activities
Join the exciting sailing and camaraderie with several scheduled activities this summer.
- Team Racing ALL LEVELS - Be a part of a racing team to learn about team racing and apply those skills in a day of team racing with the sunfish.
- Full Moon Light Sailing ALL LEVELS - Sail the bay at full moon with other cruise boats, maybe even rafting up in the middle of the bay.
- Mariner Mayhem ALL LEVELS - An excellent way to learn to sail by crewing on a Mariner. Learn the tricks and technique from our experienced Mariner racers.
- Cruising Boat Race with Handicap Scoring ALL LEVELS - Have a cruising sailing boat (including Mariners) and would like to participate in some racing? Then join us in a Performance Handicap Racing Fleet (PHRF) regatta.
- SUNFISH Grand Prix Racing (a Triple S event - Sailing, Spectators, and Suds)- All you need is a sunfish (we have 2 club sunfish) and a little sense of adventure on Friday night and you can be a big part of the entertainment.
BBYC offers adult racing for Mariners, Lightnings, Sunfish, and Lasers. Click here to view the NORs, results, and photos.
- Thursday Evening for Sunfish and Lasers at 6:30PM
- Friday Afternoon for Sunfish at 1:30PM
- Saturday for Sunfish and Lasers at 1:00PM
- Sundays for Mariners and Lightnings at either 10:00AM or 1:00PM; Cruisers with high tides
BBYC sponsors sailing regattas each year and offers sailing programs and racing for adults and juniors. BBYC has recently been the recipient of US Sailing’s One-Design Yacht Club of the Year and offers a great bay with afternoon sea breezes for fabulous sailing. Our sailing activities include: