Welcome to Brant Beach Yacht Club and Long Beach Island
Brant Beach Yacht Club sits on a quarter mile of beautiful Little Egg Harbor bayfront. We have three long beaches perfectly suited for quick and easy dinghy launching, three two-ton hoists for larger boats, and a launching ramp for powerboats. Two clubhouses, a main clubhouse on the corner of 59th and Bayview, and our south harbor clubhouse are excellent venues for hosting a wide range of events from regattas to weddings. Our excellent facilities, dedicated members, and hospitable staff are just a few of the reasons why BBYC won US Sailing’s One Design Yacht Club of the Year.
Take the Garden State Parkway to exit 63 and follow the signs for Route 72 East. At the end of the road turn right on Long Beach Boulevard and proceed south for a few miles. We are located on Bayview Ave. between 59th Street and 65th Street. Turn right on 59th Street go one block and turn left on Bayview Ave. The main club house is on the corner of 59th and Bayview. Registration for Regattas is a few blocks south on the right at the South Harbor Facility in front of the boat yard.
Bayview Ave & 59th St.
Brant Beach, N.J.
P.O. Box 208
Ship Bottom, NJ 08008
Local Attractions on LBI
Long Beach Island is a barrier island approximately 18 miles long, three miles at sea, and only about 4 blocks wide at its widest point. It's known for its pristine white sand beaches, great boating, excellent sailing, local fishing and crabbing, good dining, and a family atmosphere.
Most of the beaches south of the causeway are publicly accessible. As you go north through Loveladies and North Beach, you will find that the beaches are private and access is restricted.The beaches are relatively narrow. The surf can be rough at times due to the relatively steep drop-offs.
Boat access to the ocean is limited to Barnegat Inlet to the north and Beach Haven Inlet to the south. The Manahawkin Bridge provides the only way on and off the island.
Local attractions include:
- Official Barnegat Light Website
- Barnegat Lighthouse State Park
- Viking Village
- Barnegat Light Museum
- LBI Foundation for the Arts & Sciences
- Fantasy Island Amusement Park
- Thundering Surf Water Park
- Tuckerton Seaport
- Fishing/Party Boats: Miss Barnegat Light; Carolyn Ann III; Doris Mae IV;
Long Beach Island is a summer resort community. Sailors are recommended to book accommodations as early as possible.
- Admiral Motel 609-494-0410 (1.9 Miles)
- Buccaneer Motel 609-492-4582 (3.1 Miles) http://www.buccaneermotel.com/
- Coral Seas Motel 609-492-1141 (4.5 Miles) http://coralseasmotel.com/
- Drifting Sands 609-494-1123 (2.3 Miles) http://www.dslbi.com/
- Ebb Tide Motel 609-494-1785 (7.0 Miles)
- Harbor Side Motel 609-492-2233 (3.0 Miles) http://www.harborsidemotellbi.com/
- Haven Beach Motel 609-492-6223 (1.9 Miles) http://havenbeachlbi.com/
- Holiday Inn/Rt.72 Mainland 609-597-9133 (6.0 Miles) http://www.himanahawkin.com/
- Islander Motel 609-494-6964 (2.0 Miles) http://www.islandermotel.net/
- Long Beach Inn 609-492-8260 (1.5 Miles) http://www.lbimotel.com/
- Mariner Motel 609-492-1235 (2.8 Miles)
- Ocean Breeze Motel 609-494-4090 (2.0 Miles)
- Park Haven Motel 609-492-8260 (1.4 Miles)
- Daddy-O Hotel 609 361 5100 (0.6 Miles) http://www.daddyohotel.com/
- Sandpiper Motel 609-494-6909 (2.2 Miles)
- Sea Horse Motel 609-494-5392 (0.7 Miles) http://www.seahorsemotels.com/
- Spray Beach Motor Lodge 609-492-1501 (3.4 Miles)
- Windward at the Beach Boutique Hotel 609-492-4468 http://www.windwardatthebeach.com/ (5.1 miles)