Membership in the Brant Beach Yacht Club is open, and new members are continually welcomed.
Our Club depends largely upon the membership to govern and operate its programs. Volunteerism is the key to keeping expenses down, and at the same time to build relationships with fellow members. Everyone is expected to make a contribution of time by helping with boating activities, social events, and bi-annual work weekends.
Club management is composed of flag officers and a board of trustees. We operate under our Bylaws, with a committee structure chaired by members. There is a two-year provisional membership period, leading to proprietary membership with full voting privileges.
The Club has benefited from prudent short and long-term planning. The result is one of the most reasonable fee structures for any yacht club on the Island. New members can anticipate paying an application fee, annual dues and, upon completion of provisional membership, the purchase of a proprietary bond. Dues and fees for slips, youth programs, and tennis are set annually.
- General Membership Application: click here to download a membership application for Brant Beach Yacht Club.
- Sailing Membership: click here to download a sailing membership application for Brant Beach Yacht Club.
Benefits of Membership
The Brant Beach Yacht Club is a member owned not-for-profit corporation that for over 60 years has provided its members an extraordinary value as a result of excellent long term planning, fiscal responsibility and a spirit of volunteerism. Members enjoy:
- A family oriented community where multiple generations can enjoy one of the largest privately owned parcels of waterfront property on Long Beach Island
- Children’s programs that meet every need from sailing to swimming to tennis to surfing and other fun events where lifelong friendships have their beginning.
- A member driven social calendar that in the summer may result in as many as five events per week.
- Newly constructed/renovated docks and boat slips with water and electricity at rates that are very competitively priced. Dry moorings to accommodate your day sailor or small boat. Beach launch tie downs for your Optimist, Laser, Sunfish, Club 420 or Catamaran. Racks for your kayak, wind surfer or paddleboard.
- A recently renovated and air conditioned main club house that is the focus of year-round social events, weekday adult and young children’s programs that in the off-season has become a premier wedding and event facility.
- A nationally recognized regatta venue where at least one National, Regional, North American or World championship is held annually. BBYC was recognized by US Sailing as the 2010 yacht club of the year for one design racing.
- The only licensed yacht club on Long Beach Island where both inside and outside bars serve members and their guests their favorite beverage at non-LBI prices.
- A lifeguarded beach where young and old alike can enjoy a bay of fun and sun.
- Tennis courts available for singles or doubles and an occasional tournament.
- A weekly intraclub sailboat competition for Mariners, Lightnings, Sunfish, Optimists, Lasers and Club 420s. Our more advanced youngsters compete against other clubs on LBI and some national and international regattas. National championships have been won by some of our members, both young and older.
- A South Harbor sailing center which serves our children’s programs, club administrative offices, work shop and headquarters for major regattas.
- Our own private island for beaching and exploring and two osprey nests rearing the next generation of speedy flyers.
- A mascot “The Brant Goose” (branta bernicla) who arrives in November and stays until April when our flock heads to the Artic Circle to breed and return with their young.
- The best sunsets enjoyed from the beaches, the docks and the decks. They never get old.
Additional information may be obtained from club members or from the Club administrator in regard to application for membership. Click here to contact us and learn more about BBYC.